- Carnegie Corporation of New York - Grant-making educational foundation that also sponsors commissions dealing with specific topics.
- Council on Foundations - nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations with more than 1,300 independent, operating, community, public and company-sponsored foundations, corporate giving programs and foundations in other countries.
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Grant Net - an information hub for HHS and other federal grant-related information, including a directory of Federal grant officials.
- Federal Information Exchange (FEDIX) - FEDIX is a free on-line information retrieval service of federal opportunities for the education and research communities.
- US Department of Education Grants
- National Endowment for Humanities (NEH) - an independent agency of the United States Government that makes grants for projects in history, languages, philosophy, and other areas of the humanities.
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Guide - search for NIH grants and retrieve full texts of Requests for Applications (RFA's) and Program Announcements.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) - search for NIMH grants and retrieve full texts of Requests for Applications (RFA's) and Program Announcements.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Guide to all NSF grants with deadlines and a searchable base of awards.
- Sloan Foundation - a philanthropic non-profit institution, was established by Alfred P. Sloan, Jr. in 1934.
Other Lists and Resources
- Pivot - searchable database of available funding.
- Foundation Center - The Center's mission is to foster public understanding of the foundation field by collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects. The audiences that call on the Center's resources include grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the media, and the general public.
- Grantmaker - The Foundation Center maintains an extensive collection of foundation annual reports and corporate giving reports, as well as newsletters, press releases, and application guidelines for grant seekers, etc.
- GrantInfo Service - The GrantInfo Service is a collection of 12 online databases, maintained by the Office of Information and Communications at UNC-CH, and presented in a full-text, searchable format.
- Illinois Research Information Service (IRIS) - database of funding opportunities has been compiled at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign since 1979. The database currently contains over 7,000 federal and non-federal funding opportunities in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It is compiled on the basis of information provided by the sponsors themselves and is updated daily.
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) - List of Research Funding Agencies and Research Administration Groups.
- Yahoo - list of education grants
Books on Learning