General | Articles | Organizations
- The Center for New Discoveries in Learning - Finding solutions for ADD, ADHD, dyslexia and other learning disabilities.
- The Center for Research on Learning - University of Kansas' research organization addresses the needs of students at risk for failure (including those with learning disabilities), and how to help students and their teachers reach new heights in educational success.
- Instant Access Treasure Chest - foreign language teacher's guide to learning disabilities.
- LD OnLine - interactive guide to learning disabilites for parents, teachers, and children.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) - NCLD's Mission is to promote public awareness and understanding of children and adults with learning disabilities, and to provide national leadership on their behalf, so they may achieve their potential and enjoy full participation in our society.
- One ADD Place - A "virtual neighborhood" consolidating in ONE PLACE information and resources relating to Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D.), AD/HD and Learning Disorders (LD)
- Outside the Box! - This site's purpose is to provide parents and teachers with encouragement and practical information about ADHD and other learning disabilities in order to better meet the needs of these students in the classroom. The site, in addition to providing links to online resources, also includes pages addressing the classroom needs of ADHD students and a description of what it is like to raise a child with ADHD. This site is designed and maintained by a teacher and a parent of an ADHD child.
- Parents' Educational Resource Center - information for parents and educators of children with learning disabilities.
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Special Education on the Internet (SERI) - SERI has a collection of information resources related to Special Education.
- Tera's NLD Jumpstation - comprehensive resource on Nonverbal Learning Disabilities (NLD) by someone who has them.
- Learning to Read, Reading To Learn - The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) has posted several articles from this information kit.
- Select Causes of School Failure - from the article The Invisible Disability by Pasquale Accardo. M.D.
- American Hyperlexia Association (AHA) - The AHA is a non-profit organization comprised of parents and relatives of children with hyperlexia, speech and language professionals, education professionals, and other concerned individuals with the common goal of identifying hyperlexia, promoting and facilitating effective teaching techniques both at home and at school, and educating the general public as to the existence of the syndrome called hyperlexia.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) - CEC is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) - national volunteer organization which provides help to parents, professionals, and individuals with learning disabilities.
- National Academy for Child Development - NACD, Learning disabled, dyslexic, ADD, ADHD, hyperactive, down syndrome, fetal alcohol syndrome, williams syndrome, tourettes syndrome, rhetts syndrome, developmentally delayed, PDD, autistic, cerebral palsy, retarded.
- Rebus Institute - A nonprofit organization committed to the management of problems related to Learning Disabilities (LD) and/or Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD) in adulthood.
- Unicorn Children's Foundation - supports education, treatment and research on behalf of children with communication and learning disorders.
Social Learning Theory