Psychological Assessment and Evaluation
- Addressing Student Behavior: An IEP Team's Introduction to Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plans - This is the first in a series of working papers on developing and implementing functional behavioral assessments and behavior intervention plans. It is intended to be used by school personnel who participate in a student's IEP meetings.
- Assessment and Evaluation on the Internet - An annotated list of many resources.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements - . By providing professional assistance, expertise, and information to users of commercially published tests, the Institute promotes meaningful and appropriate test selection, utilization, and practice.
- Achenbach Child Behavior Checklist - The Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL) is the centerpiece of a family of psychological assessment instruments developed by Dr. Thomas M. Achenbach and used by professionals in the mental health and education fields for evaluating emotional and behavioral problems and competencies of children and adolescents.
- Code of Fair Testing Practices in Education - Links to position staements developed by the American Psychological Association on ethics in testing.
- Center for Research, Evaluation, Standards and Student Testing (CRESST) - Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, CRESST conducts research on important topics related to K-12 educational testing.
- ERIC Clearinghouse of Assessment and Evaluation - focuses on educational testing and research.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Psychological Tests - The APA Science Directorate answers hundreds of calls and letters each year from persons trying to locate the right test or find more information about psychological tests. APA neither sells nor endorses testing instruments, but it does provide guidance in using available resources to find psychological tests. Answers to frequently asked questions are provided here.